Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Saving up for Jess

  1. #1
    talentedtwelve12
    Guest talentedtwelve12's Avatar

    Post

    I'm wrapping presents, reading books, selling things for people on eBay, everything I can do! I want to get Jess the day she comes out. But I am not so sure that I will. I have $20.35 so far. Plus I will get $5.00 for wrapping about 30 small gifts (elfie is bringing them) and some tools for my dad tomorrow. Then mom has a whole bunch of Tommy Hilfiger, Levis, and expensive coats sz. 8 for me to list on eBay, if they sell that should bring in another $10. All in all, I probably won't be getting Jess the day she comes out, at this rate, but then again I will probably find myself downsizing my collection again soon enough. And maybe if I can get some clothes made that will bring in a buck or two.

    What about you?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    DD got two Marisols and sold one on eBay last week. She's got enough to buy Jess and Molly (the other doll she wants) or maybe some of Jess' collection. But I'm a mean mommy who is making her wait to cash in until Marisol's newness wears off a little.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member ksami's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's ok if you don't get to order Jess right when she comes out. She will be here for a year! Plus, you can look at it this way: if you wait a little while, they'll get any 1st-run defects out of the way. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I saw you had Marisol's practice outfit listed for sale. I was able to have my complete Jess fund by selling Marisol's Practice outfit and her Tap outfit. (Don't worry, I asked first and Marisol said she would rather have a new sister than those outfits right now.)Maybe try some of Mari's stuff on Ebay?

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by jrtmom3274:
    "But if she's only around for a year, don't you have to have her to go with Lindsey, Kailey and whatserface [pointing]?"
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] But how long can this go on, with a friend and LE EVERY year? Good thing I have 4 [img]eek.gif[/img] DD's! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by OSusannah:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jrtmom3274:
    "But if she's only around for a year, don't you have to have her to go with Lindsey, Kailey and whatserface [pointing]?"
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] But how long can this go on, with a friend and LE EVERY year? Good thing I have 4 [img]eek.gif[/img] DD's! [img]wink.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Which is why I am so so glad I passed on Lindsey and Kailey. Because now I don't have to "complete the collection" because I don't have them all. And I won't let myself buy them off ebay, because I conciously decided not to buy them when they were available.

    So far, I don't have a friends doll. I didn't care for Nellie when I first saw her (she's growing on me) and I would like Elizabeth but I have a 1 doll a year rule.

    I wish that the girl of the year had stayed the girl of every couple of years, but what can ya do?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member stepshigh01's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2005
    Posts
    131
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by jrtmom3274:
    When I expressed to DH that I was unsure about buying Jess, he said, "But if she's only around for a year, don't you have to have her to go with Lindsey, Kailey and whatserface [pointing]?" (He does pretty well, considering. He remembered which ones were LEs.)
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'll say he does good! My dad makes up obvouis names for the ones he is talking about. (Like, Get Blondie, (Kailey) out of my way.) I tell him the names, but he says all but Addy look alike. ONCE he had one name down, Felicity. He called Marisol "Felicity." [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]
    I really hope to get Jess too! But as of now, I have $17 and will probably get her at the last minuet.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ December 19, 2005 08:32 PM: Message edited by: stepshigh01 ]</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hopefully Jess will arrive when DH is out of the country...conveniently.... [img]wink.gif[/img]

    As for names, DH will look a doll in the face and say, "now which one is that"? Which is a question that I've already answered about a dozen times since he got home Saturday night! [img]eek.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am saving too!

  10. #10
    Dancin'4'AG
    Guest Dancin'4'AG's Avatar

    Post

    I have been selling stuff too, but if push comes to shove I think I will be able to talk my mother into buying Jess and her complete collection for an "investment" that I can play with LOL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •